Aerial Photography and Video by Drone - FAQs


Your drone operator needs to have insurance that is compliant with EC-785-2004. Always ask to see proof of cover (If the Drone operator crashes, injures someone on your premises or damages property and are not insured, you need to consider who will be liable if you have employed them.....

Drone Licence:

Anyone can own a drone but only an operator with a CAA issued PFCO (permission to fly commercial operations) can work commercially

Distance restrictions:

If you (or your drone operator) does not have a CAA issued PFCO then the drone can NOT be flown within 150m of a congested area. It also can not be flown within 50m of people / property or objects that are not under your control

Flying Near Building and Structures:

A Drone pilot with a CAA PFCO will be able to arrange flying in congested areas and areas that have people and objects within 50m of the flight area

Health and Safety:

Your Drone pilot should conduct both a remote and on-site risk assessment. This should be available for you to see.

Choosing a good drone pilot:

Always ask to see their:

  • PFCO from the CAA

  • EC-785-2004 compliant insurance policy

  • Operations Manual

  • Risk Assessment

We will be delighted to discuss your aerial drone photography and aerial drone video needs. Depending on the work, our fees start at £199+VAT

We are fully insured, have a PFCO issued by the CAA and are happy for you to review our operations manual and risk assessments.

Contact us for a quote without obligation - 07796 940193 

  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Google
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram

'Image Beyond Aerial Drone Photography Services' is a trading name of Progressive Edge Solutions Ltd.

Company Number 12006673

VAT registration 327 4092 08

copyright 2020 Progressive Edge Solutions Ltd